1/7/14
Hey everyone! I'm alive and well here in Canada ! What a
crazy week it has been. My new area is full of surprises. That is one thing I'm learning!
So first off...weather...the only thing I can
say is that "it could be worse." haha. It's pretty cold! But it's nice to drive around in the car. And
lately we've had a lot of appointments so we haven't been outside for too long.
As for finding...not a lot of people walk around outside in this weather. So we tract a lot or
do drop-bys at former's houses. I need to find Uncle Matt's golf balls now, to knock doors with!
This morning my car's doors and windshield wipers were completely ice. So that
was fun chipping away at that. I've been hoping someone would let us in their
home while tracting for a "mercy" factor...but no luck yet. One
day...
Okay some cool things have happened this
week...
First of all...it has been a week of miracles.
Remember the guy we talked to on the street who was less active? Well we
dropped by his house and his nonmember wife was there and his two nonmember
kids (12) and (8) were there. They want to learn more about our church! Yay! We
have a family! I'm so excited to work with them more!
New Years was uneventful as well. Well for New
Years Eve and part of New Years day we finished our readathon. So we finished Doctrine and Covenants and Pearl of Great Price. It was fun! After you read the
scriptures for 10 hours you learn so much! I loved being with our
zone!
Our newly baptized member has been
struggling lately. He's just one of those people who have had a HARD LIFE. Man
I don't know how he does it. He's making great changes in his life but it's
hard for him. But we've been working with him and even though we still have to
really work with him to get him stronger in the church, some great things have
happened.
Saturday we had a great day of miracles! First
of all we talked to a guy on the street, but he wasn't interested. We asked who
he knew that would be interested
in talking to us. He pointed us to his neighbor named (name). We went and
knocked on the door. No one home. So we started walking away... and then I
looked at the house next to us. I stopped. Then was about to continue walking
but then I remembered that if you ever stop and think about doing something, it
might be the spirit telling you to do it. So I told my companion to knock on
this door with me. We did and this woman answered and we talked to her about
her family for a while and she wants us to come back next week. We got her info
and name and it was...(same lady)! So we had originally knocked on the wrong door the
entire time! Crazy!
Then that night we were dropping by some less
actives and potentials. When we realized that they had moved, we tracted the next five doors down.
No luck. But when we were about to go to our car, my comp said, "Let's
knock on one more door over there!" We did and turns out we found another
family who are potential investigators. We have to follow up with the mom's schedule but we should be
teaching them soon. Yay! Lesson of the day: if you have a thought/prompting... FOLLOW
IT...and then afterwards you can decide if it was the spirit or not.
We had a miracle at church! There's this less
active lady we've been meeting with for a while who hasn't gone to church for a
long time. She came yesterday!!!!! We were so happy! She is the sweetest
lady ever! She was so happy to be there too. It was so great to see her happy
at church...when I see people happy I'm happy! :)
Unfortunately when things go good...Satan
tries to buffet you. This nasty flu has been going around lately. And sad to
say my poor comp got it. It's pretty ugly. She was completely out yesterday. We
went to church to take the sacrament and to have her get a priesthood blessing. I don't think we even made it through the entire sacrament meeting.
So we took her home and I've had to take care of her the past few days. The
ward members have been nice though! They dropped off a lot of stuff for us
yesterday which meant a lot to us. I'm hoping I don't get it...it
seems contagious. But I've been drinking airbourne the past few days so hope
that will help.
But I'm grateful because I've learned A LOT
the past few days...
1) first of all...I've been a little nervous
lately because just of how much this place reminds me of my very first area...and I don't want to get discouraged
like I did when I was there. So I was nervous that staying home with a sick
companion would make me "relive" that trial and I really didn't want
to relive it. But needless to say, I didn't. I wasn't discouraged, and I just
felt an overwhelming sense of peace yesterday that everything was okay. And
although my companion was asleep knocked out, I wasn't alone. It was pretty
remarkable and it meant a lot to me for God to really touch my heart.
2) While I was sick I read Grandma Ogden and
Fabrizio's family history about Levere Lefler. It was touching for me and I
really enjoyed it. And I found out something CRAAAAZY! Levere's grandpa was
born in Ontario ...right where our ward is! It's in
our area! How cool is that? I was so excited to hear that yesterday.I want to
investigate more on the matter! It's awesome!
3) I appreciate you so much mom. I've realized
how much work it is to take care of a sick person. Thank you for taking care of
me when I was sick. It gets overwhelming sometimes! Because you care about the
person so much and you are the only one to cook for them, check on them,
clean, make sure they get medicine, etc. I've gotten a little stressed but
at the same time it helps me know what to expect when I'm a mom. I didn't realize
how much a mission would prepare me for motherhood...and although i still don't
know what that exactly is like yet I feel like I'm learning to deal with a lot
of things I wouldn't deal if I were home.
So it's been a great week...but a stretching week.
But I know stretching weeks are necessary. I'm grateful for a loving Heavenly
Father who is so patient with us...despite our
weaknesses. I'm so grateful to be here. I LOVE IT! And I just want to keep
helping people accept the gospel. I just got super shocked though because I still
email and keep in touch with Sister (name) and she goes home in 3 transfers. Oh.
My. Goodness.
Anyways love you all! You are great. Thanks
for being the amazing people you are because you truly are amazing!
Sister Ogden
No comments:
Post a Comment