12/31/13
Whenever I write
an email I feel like there is SO much to say. But obviously I can't tell you
everything! But I'll tell you as much as I can.
I'm glad I could
your beautiful faces last week! It was very surreal to me; like it didn't
seem real. And it went by way too fast. I was doing good and then when I hung
up I was just left alone sitting in the dining room. I guess I had a "wake
up call" and was reminded just how much I love you guys. I did get a
little homesick afterwards but I
recovered and now I'm okay and
life's grand! It makes me feel better to know that it made YOU happy to
Skype. I couldn't give you Christmas presents but I hope I could make you happy
and that you could feel MY love for you!
Gifts. Wow. I am
spoiled. Thanks so so so so so much. The scripture
book... WAS MY FAVORITE!!!!!! It was my favorite. I love it so so so much. I've
been going through and marking all of your favorite scriptures in my scriptures
so thanks. THANKS FOR ALL WHO WROTE IN IT! It made me :) big time! And I took a
pic of me with it with my new camera! I'm going to be taking loads of pics
because....I haven't been able to for half of my mission. Yikes. So thanks! You
are the best.
We've been getting people who want to meet
with us so they can take us on dates...It has happened 2x in the last 2 weeks
so i'm getting a little frustrated with that.
Okay new area...I'm starting
to get the hang of it. It's not as scary driving around. I love it because we
actually don't get as buffeted with snow like some of the
other areas do. So that makes me
happy! Anyways...it's going good! The people are really nice and the ward
members are super sweet and nice to me. I still think it's weird not talking to
as many people as I did back in Toronto
but it's fun.
I love it because it teaches me how I
need to be more grateful for the gospel and my life. And the people here are
very humble...it's cool to see that. I feel like a lot of them are being
prepared because they have so many trials and struggles.
Contacting has
been..okay. The holidays have been hindering. So I'm actually happy to say the
holidays are over! But there was a cool thing that happened. We were
walking to an investigator's house to drop by and on the way two people walked
by. We stopped them and turns out one of them was a less active member. And then his wife/daughter (I couldn't tell) wasn't a member
and wanted to learn more about our church. So they told us to come back
sometime. I'm excited to go see them! It was a testimony builder to me that the
Lord places people in the paths of the missionaries!
We got a new
investigator yesterday. He is an older gentleman. My impression is that it might take him time to
understand and accept everything, but he could do it. But I guess you never
know...We're just going to try our best and see what happens! :)
Our other investigator is doing
well...yesterday was kinda a bummer because we had a ride
lined up for her and everything. And she called in sick. Oh well we're going to keep
seeing her. I guess yesterday was just not the day. Next week!
We're still
trying to rebuild! But obviously it takes time. I'm so excited
because now that it is new year I feel like we are going to start finding
a lot more people. This area has a lot of potential. I'm excited!
But
anyways....this last week was Service Week for us. We served and served and
served. It was fun! We helped take down Christmas decorations at one home, and then we helped a brother move and
then we helped clean another family's house. It was super fun! It helped me realize how
service is just something great. I remembered when I was little how I'd always
complain about service projects. But now I love them because it's just a great
opportunity to help out and be the Savior's hands for a little while.
The driving has
been going great. It hasn't snowed that much so the roads aren't bad. And it
snowed on our way home from our conference but I just know that the scriptures are true when they say "I can do all
things through Christ which strengthenth me" I feel like I'm gaining more
confidence on the roads. Obviously I still get a little nervous but I know that
God's going to protect me as long as I try to be extra careful. They actually
plow the roads here sooooo much more than they did in Utah . I feel like the roads are a lot less
icy...but that's just me :)
Speaking of
weather... I'm not freezing!
But it's a little chilly. I got excited because yesterday it got a good 3
degrees C! But now today it's back at 8 below. Oh well. Layers are the best!
And since I'm now in the car it's really not that bad.
Last thing! This
last week was interviews with our mission president. I. Loved. It. Pres and Sis are
so inspired. We were supposed to bring to the interview something we really
wanted to work on and lay aside. I chose to work on not comparing myself to
others (because I tend to do that). We
got on a great discussion of being more positive and grateful. He told me that
when we compare ourselves to others and put ourselves down...we are showing
that we're not very grateful to God for creating US and creating who WE are. It brought a neat perspective. We need to
appreciate our talents and thank Heavenly Father for them. At first I thought
that that was prideful in doing so. But in reality that's part of having
humility -- being grateful.
You can still love yourself and rely on the Lord and be humble. I'm
trying harder to be more grateful for everything that God's given me. I've
seen a lot of miracles from doing that. If you are having a "woe is
me" day...say a grattitude prayer. It's super hard but in the
end you just feel so much better and you realize how grateful and indebted
you are to God.
Anyways I'm
grateful to be here. I love you all. I'm starting to love this area more and more as I serve here and I
know that that love is just going to grow stronger and deeper.
Patient
Confidence! (from the Book of Chad )
Sister Ogden

No comments:
Post a Comment