Monday, January 20, 2014

Faith = Patient Confidence (even when it's 40 below)

1/12/14

Sounds like it's still snowing pretty bad down home. This last week wasn't that snowy...but it was COLD
T
here was a day where our car didn't even start because it was cold. And we don't have a plug or something to warm it up or anything...or a garage...any ideas on how I can keep it warm? It was quite an adventure. Apparently on our car we have a free "roadside service" number so we called that and you can actually have a guy come and jump your car for free. Who knew? I guess you learn something every day. Now I know what to do if our car ever dies again! 

We have a LOT of recent converts here in my new area. So we have been teaching some of them about the temple and family history and I get excited for them! One family is the Henhawkes. They are the cutest family ever and were a part member family but the dad was baptized last March. So it's so cool to help them prepare for the temple so they can be sealed. So exciting! 

Well...this week...was hard. But you know what I'm grateful for the hard times because I know they help us grow stronger. Unfort
unately
 my comp was sick and we were indoors for five days. But on the up side I guess because of that we didn't have to go outside the day it was -40 degrees outside and now I know how to take care of a sick person! . But I'm so grateful that I didn't get whatever she got..because apparently it's supposed to be pretty contagious. By Saturday she was feeling a LOT better and we got to work the full day so that was good! But due to the crazy week we couldn't see the (name) family..BUT we are seeing them today! I am pumped! (Names) are going out of town so we are going to try to see them in the next few weeks. We saw (name) for a little bit and she said she would come to church if not for her son who has this sickness where he stays up all night throwing up. She's taking him to the doctor this week so hopefully that will help. 

We did find a new investigator. We came to the appointment and he told us he's NOT going to be converted. But we had a nice little discussion and apparently one of the reasons why he doesn't want to be Christian is because he knows it has been corrupted and changed over time. So we feel like the Lord is preparing him. We weren't able to teach him the rest but we are planning to this week. He might take time but he's pretty cool and down to earth. If I can describe him in a few words it would be: a deep thinking rockstar. haha. 

Right now we are still in rebuilding mode...trying to find more investigators. We've been tracting and dropping by formers and potentials but haven't had the most luck. But I'm excited to be able to work ALL week this week because I feel like it's going to be a lot better. 

To answer the rest of your questions: the ward is so awesome. We love them. They feed us a lot and they are really nice people. I really want to continue to get them excited about missionary work. I love them though! They really reached out to us and helped us when my comp was sick. People were bringing over dinners and soups and cough medicine and everything! We feel loved :)

Preparation day? We are going to be cleaning. It's exchanges this week, and so we need to make the place presentable. I've decided that I'm starting to be a more of a clean freak than I used to be. I HATE the house being gross and dirty...I don't know what it is but I'm getting a little more OCD about it. I like our house. It's...homey. haha. It's actually really warm compared to the basement apartments. I like being in a neighborhood and it's cool that we are right next to the train station. It reminds me of our old home in Lehi where we were by the trains...so it makes me feel at home. :) 

Anyways, lately I've been so grateful for prayers. I know that it's the times where we feel the most alone where we NEED to turn to our Heavenly Father. It's in those prayers and moments where I am reminded that He knows me and loves me. I had a tender experience this past week where I was praying and felt pretty overwhelmed because of all my shortcomings and weaknesses. But then I read some scriptures afterwards that really touched my heart. It was then that I realized that God knows us so much more than we know ourselves. He knows we are weak and He knows we have shortcomings. But that doesn't mean He doesn't love us. That doesn't mean He is angry at us or upset and just gets frustrated at our weaknesses. He loves us. And we CAN be cleansed of our shortcomings through His 
S
on. I loved reading the chapters about how Christ loves and has compassion on so many in the gospels. He healed a leper...who was cast out...and unclean...He loved him and said "be thou clean..." I know Christ can cleanse us not only physically but spiritually as well. And I love when Christ heals the man with the palsy and forgives the man of his sins. He has compassion on us, even though we do make mistakes and sin. I'm so grateful for that. He can heal us and help us. We just need to come to him just as the leper and the man with the palsy did. :) 

Sorry for the gospel tangent but I just love the gospel? Do you know that? :)

Anyways hope you have a great week fam. I sure love you! 

Having patient confidence, 
Sister Ogden

No comments:

Post a Comment