Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Hastening!



October 21, 2013
That is so cool about how they're using the primary program as a missionary tool. Man I just KNOW that the future generations are going to be spreading the gospel like crazy! They are so prepared. My comp and I spent a few minutes in primary teaching about how we can do missionary work. It was so fun...I haven't been to primary FOREVER. But it was cool...we asked everyone what we could do to share the gospel with our friends and all their hands shot up and they had all these ideas. They got excited to invite their friends to primary and church. They are cute! I can't wait to see what kind of missionaries they will become.
Annie: PERSONAL PROGRESS? Ah. I'm so proud of you. That program changed my life. It made me love the scriptures and the gospel. And it prepared me for the mission. I also loved seminary. Seminary is the best!  That is so awesome! Love you so much.
Okay. This last week. It was quite crazy. For P-day last week we went to the church and played soccer....and we also played Mafia. Best. Game.EVER! Man it gets intense. hahaha. But...mom it's kinda funny that you mentioned my knee...cause...as I was playing soccer...all of a sudden I felt something moving in my knee. So I stopped. (By the way I haven't had ANY problems before that.) And...the next day I woke up and I was kinda limping. Yikes I was so nervous because it hurt and it would click as if I had rehurt it. But I brought my brace so I just wore that for a couple days. I was so nervous I'd have to call the nurse! But...tender tender mercies. I don't know what happened but all of a sudden something clicked back into place and it hasn't been bugging me since. Seriously though it's a miracle. Don't worry I'm wearing my brace from now on when I work out cause that scared me. But it's as good as new. No clicks. No movements. No limping. :) Tender mercies.
Anyways, this last week..our investigator is doing okay. We were sad though because his job prevented him from coming to church yesterday. He has been reading a bit of the Book of Mormon so that's good. I'm hoping that he can get work off this sunday and the next Sunday. But he still loves the gospel and the messages we share with him.
His roommate came to church! He is 18 from Africa. He is here for school. He is awesome! Church was really good yesterday too. There were some powerful talks about the Atonement. And the day before we taught them about the importance of the sacrament. It was really good. When you teach others about the sacrament, it reminds you of how truly important it is. I'm so grateful for our Savior and His sacrifice for us. I feel like I take this great gift for granted so much.
(Name of investigator) is also doing awesome! He is getting baptized...this Sunday!!!! Man he is so excited for it. And the last time we met with him he told us "I don't believe in coincidences...God led me to you two for a reason..." And he told us that since he's met with us some great things have happened. More doors are opening for him and he is getting more medical help than he has had before!I KNOW that God is blessing him and I just pray and hope that God will continue to help him manage his illnesses. I want him to be completely healed...but I know everything is in God's hands and He doesn't give any of us "more than we can bear..." He is a choice spirit cause he's been through a lot! I can't wait for him to enjoy the blessings that come from baptism.

The cute nine year old girl is doing really good! We went to her house and talked about the plan of salvation. She wants to be baptized! She LOVES primary. She is going to sing in the primary program in a couple of weeks and she is loving the church. I really hope that she can get permission to be baptized.
Miracles are happening in the ward. We had 8 people come to church last Sunday. (Our ward has three sets of missionaries) And we are going to have 4 baptisms this weekend! WOW! 

Plans for today? I'm going to try an avocado shake! (The elders told me it was really really good so we will see) and we are playing games again like we did last week. It should be fun!
Today in study I was reading the Book of Mormon about the gathering of Israel. I'm so grateful for this great work that all of us can take part in. God is truly hastening his work. Whether you are a full time missionary or a member you can take part of this. I thought of all of my friends and family members on their missions as well as you (my family) looking for ways to share the gospel. It made me so excited. Miracles are happening. People are coming to God's fold. His work is rolling forth. And NOTHING can stop it. I love this gospel. I love this work!
Have a good week! I'll be thinking of you and praying for you as always. And I will be especially thinking of you mom and your family and grandpa richins on friday. I love my Grandma and I think she is smiling down on all of us. And I can testify that she has helped me on my mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment