Oct 7
Hey there! Have a good conference? I SURE DID! Man I have
realized that as a missionary you get PUMPED for conference. I've been so
excited this past month and I was just so happy to listen in and feel the
spirit. I watched it at our church chapel. Whenever I watch
conference, I feel so much support. I feel strength from watching the thousands
of members gather in the conference center. I feel strength listening to
prophets and apostles who are inspired. I feel strength as I feel the spirit
that flows throughout the room. It's SO AWESOME! I liked all the talks. But I
particularly loved Pres Uchtdorf's, President Eyring's, and President Monson's talks.
Yesterday we came to conference for the morning session. We
had tried all weekend to get people to watch it. But yesterday before the
conference we weren't able to get a hold of everyone. A couple people bombed on
us and so I was a little sad that no one was going to be able to make it.
But then...during the conference three of our investigators
walked in. And one of them brought a friend! I was so happy to see them. I was so grateful that they could come.
They made ME have a better conference. I'll always remember sitting by our investigator and pointing to the screen when Pres Monson was going to talk..." The
prophet is going to speak now!" He started to speak and I felt the spirit
so strong. Our investigator is from Africa and his country has a lot of struggles. As
Pres Monson was talking about trials I couldn't think but wonder what he was thinking. And as I was listening and thinking I felt an outpouring of the
spirit. And then we heard the choir sing "We thank thee o God for a
prophet." I couldn't help it...tears fell down my cheek. Oh how I'm
grateful for our prophet! I wouldn't be here writing to you without it. I can't
believe it's been a year since his missionary announcement!
I was thinking of you and the family last Tuesday. Hope the
funeral went well!
So...I don't have a lot of time today because we are going
with our district downtown. so I'm going to answer all your questions:
I just heard the young man we baptized in my old district got confirmed
the other day and he wants to go on a mission!!!! :)
Three sets of missionaries are in our ward. Two sets of sisters and one of elders. It's pretty sweet!
:)
We live in a guy's basement. It's AWESOME! We have our own
dishwasher and washer and dryer. Best! thing! ever! The guy actually makes us food sometimes. He made us eggs yesterday
because his eggs were going to go bad. It's awesome!
So I love you so much. I'm so grateful for everything that
you do for me. For your prayers. For your examples. Excited to participate in
member missionary work? I sure am! I'm so pumped to continue to work with
members! It's going to be awesome! (exclamation point!)
No comments:
Post a Comment