Hola Familia! Happy Thanksgiving! Just a warning this is a freakishly long email:
Wow it's sooooo good to hear from you. Letters/emails strengthen
me so much. have I told you I love you guys? :)
Dad: thanks so much for your example for missionary work.
Seriously. that's awesome. We are working with the members here to do the same.
Getting members pumped about missionary work is a gradual process...but I'm
excited to see what comes out of it. We are doing a mission plan with the
bishop's family so we will see how it goes. Keep looking for
opportunities to share the gospel!!!! Don't give up...I know the Spirit will
direct you to those that are prepared because you aren't scared to open your
mouth. The Lord places people in the paths of those that aren't scared to share
the gospel. So be prepared. As for the headphones...haha....well when I have
that on the bus I usually lean forward and wave and ask how they are doing.
They usually take their earphones off to answer and then THE KEY IS TO KEEP
TALKING BEFORE THEY PUT THE EARPHONES BACK IN. haha. Sometimes it annoys them
so then you just have to give them a card. Man...I love bus contacting. Just
saying. Sometimes it is hard.,..especially if the entire bus is just dead
silent. But if there's one thing I've learned it's just be yourself and be
friendly...follow the spirit and everything falls into place. :) . I'm glad the sports teams are doing fairly well...minus the
Jazz.
Last P-day adventure: We went Downtown. It was quite fun to
ride the subways again...and it was REALLY REALLY weird because we passed the
subway station where my old area was. But we went to a huge mall/shopping
center similar to Times Square. We had lunch with the district at the food
court. Then we went shopping. But...I don't know you know me I don't like shopping
that much...especially since missionary clothes are hard to find...I don't have
that much money...and I honest don't need clothes due to your awesome package
that you sent. So...we just chilled. The elders were actually the worst...they
kept trying on more and more things. But then eventually we walked around the
city which I liked. The city is pretty exciting! Street performers, shops, you
name it!
Well Thanksgiving was so weird. But it was
good. We had to clean out an old apartment and move out some old furniture so
that was fun. We dropped by some people and taught lessons. It was really nice.
A lady from our ward invited us for Thanksgiving. IT WAS DELISH! Canadian Thanksgiving is just like Thanksgiving
in the USA. Squash, turkey, yams, lamb, potatoes, gravy, pumpkin and apple pie,
veggies, everything! And this dear sister....all the vegetables came from her
garden. So it was all FRESH and FABULOUS! We ate a ton! It hit the spot!
We are still working with a lot of investigators and we
are trying to help them PROGRESS. But we have seen some miracles this last
week. First of all...remember the nine year old from my old area? He got
baptized!!! Yay!!!!
Then we taught one of our investigators last week and guess
what -- his roommate sat in with us!!!! YES! And his roommate is solid too! We taught with a returned missionary sister the
Word of Wisdom. It was awesome! He works night shifts on his work so he drinks
coffee to help him stay awake. But he agreed to try to drink hot chocolate instead!
(I'm so grateful for hot chocolate!) And we gave him a kit with snacks and
mints and stuff he can do when he gets tired. (Name) loves the Book of Mormon. He was telling us
what he learned from Nephi and Lehi's example to go to the wilderness. IT WAS
AWESOME. He knows how to Liken the scriptures. So I'm proud of him.
We have a new investigator. We were sitting on the curb one
day and this guy came up to his and asked us where our church was. We gave him
a card and he actually gave us a call. AND...he showed up to church last
Sunday!!!! Crazy!!! But the thing is...he has a lot of struggles. But he wants help. He NEEDS help. And he thinks that
turning to God and Jesus can help him. Good idea! Man...I know God put us in his
path for a reason. I know the gospel can help him with his trials. We are
seeing him again on Saturday. I can't wait to see how the gospel is going to
change and strengthen him.
We also met with three women last week but
we are still working with them! :) The older man...the one we dropped...is probably going to be picked back up. He calls
us every day and we are seeing him at church and he told us that he wants to
talk to us about baptism. He is still reading the Book of Mormon. He. is. so.
close. to. the. font. He is a sweetie!
Anyways last thing! We ate at recent convert's last
week. And she fed us Nigerian food...and we ate it Nigerian style. Do you know
what that means? NO UTENSILS. Including soup. So much fun. So now I know how to
eat like a Nigerian. :) It was actually pretty good. She is so
awesome. She is so fun to be around and she has a great testimony!
I still love working with people from all over the world. Just now a guy walked up to me and started to talk to me in french and I had to say "sorry I don't speak french. :( ) Man I need the gift of tongues bad! It's so fun! It's interesting how different cultures are in different parts of the city. Like my old area was a lot of Portuguese and Italians...here it is more Caribbean and Africa. it's cool!
I still love working with people from all over the world. Just now a guy walked up to me and started to talk to me in french and I had to say "sorry I don't speak french. :( ) Man I need the gift of tongues bad! It's so fun! It's interesting how different cultures are in different parts of the city. Like my old area was a lot of Portuguese and Italians...here it is more Caribbean and Africa. it's cool!
Well love you lots! I'm THANKFUL for you. I'm thankful to be
here. And I'm thankful for this gospel. Thanks for your testimonies. They
really strengthen me. Love you to the moon and back! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment