Saturday, June 7, 2014

Rough Happens. Note to Self: This Isn't MY Work; It's God's.

May 12, 2014

Hello family! (as a precaution this is going to be a mushy gushy letter. So sorry!)

Well it was so great to see your beautiful faces yesterday! Thanks for the chat! Some things never change (like Scout barking at the door) But it was great to hear from you all! I'm glad I could see Dad's muscles. I'm glad I could answer all of Mom's questions. I'm glad I could tell Morg to go to institute. And I'm glad (but a little weirded out) that Annie's looking all grown up. So crazy! I can never ever ever thank you enough for being the greatest family in the world. I'm SO grateful for you all and your love and support. I hope you know I couldn't do what I do without you. 

And thanks for being such a loyal emailer! Not every missionary can say they have parents that support them and love them for what they are doing. Sometimes I don't know what I ever did to deserve this. :) But I love you and sorry again for the mushiness.

I don't know what to write about because I kinda told you everything that happened this week. But I guess for those who weren't able to skype with us​, I'll just briefly give the low down. 

We went over the baptism interview questions for (investigator) last week. The next day we came over and she just told us straight up that her beliefs are different from ours and that she cannot be baptized anymore. We did NOT see that coming. We didn't even know what to say. We asked her what beliefs were giving her a hard time and she gave a few...but we quickly testified and resolved them. Still she doesn't want to be baptized...and we feel there's another reason she's not telling us about. It literally broke my heart in a bizillion pieces. It's so sad when you think someone is ready to take that covenant of baptism....and you are so happy for all the changes they are making...and you work so hard....and then all of a sudden it crashes and burns. I love her so much and it was so hard to not cry during our last meeting. But you just have to have faith that in the future missionaries may help her again....you can never say never. I know Heavenly Father loves her and I know that I was supposed to cross paths with her for a reason. I'll always be grateful for knowing her. 

On a brighter note...(investigator) is getting MARRIED at OUR CHURCH now! Super super super stoked! I'm so happy that she still wants to be baptized in our church. Oh I love her so much! It was her birthday last week so my comp and I pitched in and bought her a shirt. haha. Hopefully she liked it. She came to church ON HER OWN on MOTHER'S DAY yesterday. Oh she is amazing! I love her so much! 

And after a drought of finding investigators...we finally found a few more on Saturday! We found them through kajiji (it's Canada's craigslist) As missionaries we advertise church materials on there...like free Book of Mormons, Bibles, etc. So this one woman requested a Bible. So we met up with her and gave her a Bible and we also were able to sit down somewhere and share with her the restoration. We haven't taught the Restoration FOREVER it seems like. And it was so awesome! I love the message we share. I know it's true. And whenever we open our mouths to share it the spirit is there! The woman's boyfriend came and sat with us as well. They had great questions. We'll be seeing her sometime this week so we'll see how it goes! She's so cool!  (*Sadly, this woman texted her while she was writing this email and said we're not interested; don't come anymore.)

This week was a little on the rough side...but I know that the hard days that we go through make us stronger. And hard days also are some of God's greatest teaching moments. I've learned A LOT this week. Lessons about how we are only in control of SO MUCH and how we have to leave things to the Lord...as everything was happening I kept reminding myself, "This isn't MY work...it's HIS...and I have to trust in Him that everything will work out according to HIS will and not MINE..." I also learned the importance of celebrating the small victories...even if they are small. I've learned that in times of trial or need we can learn a lot about who the Savior and our Heavenly Father are and what they had to go through for me. 

Although the week was rough it ended in an awesome way! Loved talking and seeing the family! I'm excited for the new week and what it will bring. It's going to be awesome!   I love you all so much! Hope you have an awesome week as well! 

Sister Ogden 

No comments:

Post a Comment