Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Praying for Puking



Alright so this last week...well this last week has got to be the hardest week ever in my entire life (maybe save Grandma's death). But at the same time I've never learned so much in my life as well. You know how I told you that I was scared my companion would get sick? Well, she got worse. She got really really sick...to the point she couldn't keep anything down in her stomach without throwing it back up. All last week I was inside trying to help her. We'd go out a little bit here and there, but never for very long. But I KNOW that the Lord really helped me. At times, even though it was hard, I felt peace & assurance that everything would work out.  As the week wore on, I still felt many burdens. I felt bad for my comp, and felt helpless as well because I wasn't working. But every time I felt that way, eventually I would be lifted back up.

When Friday came, finally she got a priesthood blessing. She was really distraught as you could imagine because of her sickness. She was sick of being sick. But the blessing helped, and I know that leaders are seriously inspired men of God. Anyways, after the blessing we were able to go meet a family and eat lunch with them at a sushi bar. They treated us to all you can eat sushi!!!! It was super duper good.

The next day we went to the temple, and had a temple day. It was soooo cool! We drove to Brampton and the temple there was really pretty. And obviously, it was just something I really needed because the previous week had been really really hard. The Spirit was strong, and I was in the same session as with my zone. It was cool because I saw other missionaries from other zones, including my MTC companion and roommates who were in my zone and district in the MTC. It was awesome to see them again! Love those sisters so much!

Unfortunately, that night, my comp got sick again. I had a very tender moment. She asked me to pray for her to throw-up so she could feel better. (Kinda ironic don't you think?) But I did. I prayed for her. Then she left to go to the bathroom to try to throw up. But that didn't stop me from praying. I love my companion SO much, and it KILLS me to see her crying and hovering in pain. I couldn't bear it. I continued to pray, and poured my heart to God. There are few times in my life where I have prayed for someone I care about so earnestly. I was praying for a while, crying and calling upon God to send angels to help her. A little later, she came out of the bathroom, ran up to me and hugged me and told me that she loved me. She told me that she felt strength and that she did throw-up and it wasn't as bad as it usually had been. She said she felt strength and peace. She was eased of her burdens and she felt better. I had an answer to my prayers. Little does she know about the prayer I offered. Wow. My prayer was answered and I know God answers prayers. It was also a sweet experience because it made me appreciate the Atonement so much more. I know that Christ knew how my comp felt...and when I think about it I could not bear to see Christ go through the Atonement...I don't think I could do it. And God watched His Son go through all those pains. And He couldn't do anything but watch his Son go through with that. It kinda reminded me of what I felt as I helplessly watched her suffer. I'm SO grateful for the Atonement. So so so soooooooooo grateful because my burdens and as well as my comp’s have been made light.

Easter was also good. Because of the experience I had the previous night, Easter put me on a spiritual high even though it had been a rough week. The Sunday School Easter lesson was taught by us, but because of my companion’s illness we just put on the Finding Faith in Christ movie. But that actually brought the spirit in A LOT, and it was actually something I needed. But as I watched it, again my burdens seemed to be lifted. Later that night we had Easter dinner with a member family. They had some girls  that were sooooooo cute! :) But the dinner was amazing and it was a good way to spend Easter.

This previous week made me stretch and grow in so many ways. Even though I didn't really teach a lot, I learned a lot about love and the Atonement. And although I didn't serve the people in our town, I had the opportunity to serve my companion. I know that she needs me and it has been humbling and a special experience for me to help her. I love her soooooooo much, and it has just been so amazing. Again, things are looking up. I'm so excited to get back to work this week!
 
Well because my birthday is on transfers we are celebrating it today. We are going to go get some supplies I need and go shopping and then we are going to get an ice cream cake. We wanted to go walk kinda by the lake and take pictures but it's a little stormy today so we might do something else. I like this because I'm actually not 20 yet so I still feel young! :) I'm going to be quite sad next week when I do turn 20.

By the way, the week before last week our district did really really well. We hit all our goals and led the zone. And even though we were sick...we got blessed by a phone call from some elders in another area. They met this family in our area and they taught them and they have baptismal dates and everything and they have to give them off to us because we are in the family's area. So we got two baptismal dates that we don't even deserve. Haven't met them yet but it's still exciting!

P.S. My companion tells me that I snore in my sleep. WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!?!?!

Love you so so so much. Hope you had a great Easter and hope you enjoy General Conference. I am super excited to watch it too! It should be great! Please keep us (especially my comp) in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment