Transfers came and...I'M STAYING HERE WITH MY COMP!!! So I'm
still going to be here for at least another six weeks. I'm excited. This
morning I flipped open to D&C Sec 111 and after reading that I pretty much
knew I was supposed to stay here.
Conference was awesome!!!! Man, I needed it too. But I'm just going to be blunt and honest. Things have been going well...and things have been going hard. This last week, I felt discouragement. Missionary work has been hard for me. It's been hard for me to talk to people and get out of my comfort zone. I feel like I did in my senior year of basketball where I'm so nervous to make a mistake I do worse and I make even more mistakes. I'm not trusting in the Lord like I should. I'm trying to figure out how to get in the "BYU-Hawaii basketball year" mindset where I feel like it's okay to make a mistake. My confidence is wavering and I'm not being the missionary I want to be.
Conference was awesome!!!! Man, I needed it too. But I'm just going to be blunt and honest. Things have been going well...and things have been going hard. This last week, I felt discouragement. Missionary work has been hard for me. It's been hard for me to talk to people and get out of my comfort zone. I feel like I did in my senior year of basketball where I'm so nervous to make a mistake I do worse and I make even more mistakes. I'm not trusting in the Lord like I should. I'm trying to figure out how to get in the "BYU-Hawaii basketball year" mindset where I feel like it's okay to make a mistake. My confidence is wavering and I'm not being the missionary I want to be.
But then conference came! :) :) :)
Talks that stood out to me: Elder Cardon's about the Atonement. When President Eyring was talking about how God blesses the families of those who serve Him I got a little teary eyed and thought of you guys. President Uchtdorf’s really stood out to me. But I think that the most powerful talk was Elder Holland’s. When he was talking about those who think they have little faith I was just like "That's ME!!!! " And man his message just gave me an overwhelming sense of peace and hope.
So this week my comp and I are going to continue to get back on track. She's going to continue to gradually improve. I'm going to be more willing to do things out of my comfort zone and I'm going to think about and love others more. Because it's not about me and what I feel...it's about others. I'm going to love the snot out of the people here!
Last week for my 'birthday" we went to Dollarama and I got a ton of notebooks, envelopes, pens, and markers. They were small gifts but I love them! I didn't think we'd have time to really go clothes shopping so I just went to the dollar store and got some things. And I did buy a Dairy Queen ice cream cake. DELISH!!!! :) It is sooooo yummy. My companion and I ate it and I got a Reeses flavor. Tonight we have a member meal and they are making a cake. But today's not going to be a very" fun" birthday because we are cleaning the house and we are PLANNING like crazy because we've fallen so far behind. I don't mind though because I had my fun last week.
Update on investigators: One investigator came to the morning session of conference on Saturday. We think she liked it. The night before we had a member present lesson on prophets and priesthood and it was really great. The member helped sooooo much. It was amazing. We wanted her to come on Sunday but she didn't show up.
We also have two investigators with baptismal dates and they were supposed to come to conference yesterday. We had a church tour and mini lesson planned and everything. But they didn't come. :( Last night they called and turns out that they got super lost so we are going to visit them at their home on Wednesday hopefully. The other investigator never answers our calls anymore which isn't a good sign.
Anyways I gotta go. Hope you have a good week. I'm def on a spiritual high because of conference. I hope you are the same. Love you lots!
No comments:
Post a Comment