Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Week of Miracles

Anyways this week: One word: MIRACLES!!!! :)

This last Tuesday we went and visited a single mother. She has a lot on her plate; she is trying to go to school AND be a single mother at the same time. But we've been teaching her for four months now. Because she has been so busy and overwhelmed we couldn't really teach her, so we go over there and share an inspiration thought. BUT, this last Tuesday...we talk to her and she's talking to us about how her family is struggling and everything and then out of the blue. "I want to be baptized." ?!?! Me and my comp just looked at each other. She said, "Yeah, I want to do this for me. I want to be relieved of my guilt and I want to come closer to God." We were so happy, we couldn't handle it!  SO STOKED! This sister is so sweet and kind and amazing. She came to our ward activity on Saturday and then she came to church yesterday for the first time. Yeah we were happy, and SHE has been happier too. We've noticed that she has been a lot less stressed with life and she is so excited to be baptized and to come to church. We are going to teach her the missionary discussions more seriously to her now so it should be good.

Then this Saturday like I said was a ward activity. It was a progressive dinner. So it was super fun. The ward members were AWESOME! We went to all these ward members houses and ate and it was good. Our investigator came and met a lot of friends...just what she needs. She seemed to really enjoy herself so I was way happy. We also had a recent convert couple come as well. It was awesome!

Then Sunday (yesterday) was awesome too. Remember the Brampton missionary’s couple? Well...he came to church! They met missionaries a year ago in Brampton and now they are meeting with us. The Brampton missionaries gave their sick daughter a blessing and they remembered it and wanted to find out more about the church. Goes to show that no matter what you do here you can make a difference in someone's life. Those elders that gave him a blessing a year ago don't know that now they want to come to church and be baptized. pretty amazing. I guess you never know the impact that you will have on someone.Sometimes it just takes time.

He came and we gave him a church tour. He loved church! He kept thanking us for taking care of him and kept saying how he felt SO good. (He kept pointing to his heart) It was awesome. His wife couldn't come because she worked. But he met a lot of good people in the ward. Our ward is great at reaching out to people. He met some solid friends and it was really good!

Well I gotta go! Great week of blessings! Can't wait to see what happens this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment