Sunday, February 17, 2013

MTC Dropoff

MTC Day, Finally Here!

Aerin was really excited, and just ready to start this grand adventure.


She wasn't particularly sad, just READY TO GO!



Chad wasn't QUITE as smiley on the way home...


 Entering the MTC drive. Lots of smiles.



Quick (really quick) goodbye. Rip that bandaid off!


I'd like it to be known (I'm quite proud about this) I didn't cry until her back was turned and she was walking away. Then the tears came. 


And she was off!  She turned around, walked away and didn't look back. Not even once. Because I was watching.

The Lord's Errand Awaits!

3 comments:

  1. Hooray! You survived! (good job Mom!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess they don't let you go in a room together first anymore?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, they call it ripping the bandaid off. You pull up to the MTC and Elders are lining the walkway. They direct you where to park and then some Elders come and open your doors and pull out the luggage and give you about 2 minutes to say your goodbye and then escort the missionary into the MTC. It is very, very quick. But I have been told by multiple people who have done it both ways that this is much better.

      Delete