Sunday, February 24, 2013

Canada-Bound Already!

A couple of things before I post Aerin's last letter.
  • First, I am on a learning curve re the World of Blogging. I finally figured out how to allow comments. So if you tried to comment in the past and had difficulty, it should be fixed now.
  • Second, Aerin leaves for Canada tomorrow (Monday).  So crazy! She is arriving with a large group. The day that she arrives, the Toronto Mission will double their number of sister missionaries from somewhere around 30 to somewhere around 60! What an amazing time to be a missionary...
Here is a portion of her latest e-mail...


This week went super fast. Man days are going by quick here. I've kept plenty busy. I just can't believe that I'm going to be in Canada in 3 days! I'm super excited but I'm actually going to miss the MTC here. I have loved my teachers, companion, roommates, and district so much. Today we wrote a note to everyone in our district and told each person something that we admired about them. Going to miss being with everyone so much! By the way, I keep seeing friends here and it is awesome. I saw Elder Cluff yesterday and that was fun. 


Yesterday we had an In-Field training so we were doing this training thing from 8am until 5 pm. It was pretty intense but it was fun learning about different things and it made me excited. It was kinda funny because they had some people that were on The District come and teach us there. I saw Elder Christensen and Elder Murray and it kinda threw me off. Haha. :) 

I think I had two really amazing experiences...actually a lot more than that. I'll try to share as many as I can.

First we practiced teaching a man who was inactive and thought that God expected too much of us. For some reason that meeting I just didn't know what to say...I couldn't say anything. But, an amazing thing happened. My companion started bearing her testimony until it got to the point where she was crying. The spirit was so strong and she connected with the member in a way I've never seen before. I didn't have to say anything because I knew that she was the one who could relate and touch the man. He said he'd never heard such a bold testimony before. It taught me that certain missionaries are called to help certain people. It was a sweet experience.

Another time we taught a lady and we talked about having a prophet. I told her how I was on a mission and quit basketball because of the prophet and she was very interested and that felt really cool to bear my testimony on that. After that my companion invited her to be baptized and she said "No. No way. Not at all." I asked why and she talked about how she had lost a child who hadn't been baptized. We pulled out Moroni 8 (which we had studied like 2 days before) and bore testimony that her kids were going to be okay. She started crying and it was also an amazing experience. 

Then yesterday at the training we watched this video on where you see the growth of stakes and temples from 1830 to 2011. (I think you've seen it before) But it was just amazing to be reminded how God's work cannot be stopped. I got the chills very intensely...it was like every inch of my body was wrapped in a fuzzy blanket. I've never felt that way before and I know that it was the Spirit testifying to me that this work will go forth and that I am supposed to be here at this time. After the movie we found out about all the new missions that have opened up. That is SO awesome! I'm so grateful for this and I can't wait to see how the work will continue to grow.

My companion is from Nebraska. She has taught me so much and I love her because she is a great example and leader. 

Alright...so gym time was one of my favorite times here at the MTC. I remember the first day I told everyone that I liked basketball but that was it. Then they were playing lightning and I decided to join. I won and...I don't mean to brag but I made 5 three pointers in a row. I love lightning!! haha  I also wanted to play pick-up but haven't had the chance. But lightning is still awesome and my favorite! It was actually a little bit embarrassing because after that day all the elders in my district call me "Sister Baller".  It's a little embarrassing but it's fun getting elders out. haha :) But basketball is definitely an outlet for me and gym time has helped me get all of my stress out. I don't know what I'm going to do now that I probably won't be playing lightning as much. The other day when we didn't have gym time my roommates wanted me to give them a workout. So I led a Julian Michaels workout that I had typed up...it was a good workout and I actually loved being an exercise trainer...but we all died. haha. I was sore for the next three days! 

Okay so I better go. But I hope everything is going well. Tell Morgan to have fun in Hawaii and that I miss it soooo much and that I pretty much talk about it every day. 

Okay gotta go. Love you all! Always in my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment