Three words: I'm in Toronto. Holy Comoly! Okay so last
Sunday was Transfer Day and I was like, "I'm going to stay here for seven
months!" And I was completely fine with it. I wasn't worried about
training or anything because I knew that I knew the area and the investigators
so it was fine.
Transfer calls came.
President: "Sister Ogden, I'll start with you. You are
going to be moving to Toronto....you are going to be training and
whitewashing." (Meaning there are NO experienced old missionaries in the
area)
Me: "Yayy!" (Trying to hide away all the fears
that suddenly rose to the surface)
President: “Now you are going to love it. You will need to
know the bus and subway system but you'll get it eventually. But the work there
is exploding so you are going to be great.”
Man...I'm guessing the Lord is helping me grow but it's been
CRAZY. I have a new trainee and guess who it is? A sister from BYU-H! haha I
don't remember her but she is super nice...I just feel bad because sometimes I
have no clue what I am doing.
Yesterday we went to the church and we taught ESL with our
district. (English classes for those who aren't fluent in English) I still
didn't know what I was doing but it was really fun. Our district is really
cool. There are a lot of investigators here in Toronto but I'm trying to figure
out where they are and we have been trying to meet with them. We are going to
be so busy trying to see everyone and get to know the area. Yikes.
It's been an adventure but the Lord has really taken care of
me. We have made it okay everywhere so far so that's good. I'm trying my best
but sometimes it's like I have so much to do I don't know where to start. But
there is a lot of potential here so I can't wait to see how it grows. It puts a
lot of pressure on me because I'm trying to take care of the area while
training a brand new missionary. Lord is going to provide a way though! I can't
wait for the time when everything will start to make sense. But it just brings
me back to how if the church wasn't true, missionaries would have failed years
ago. The Lord isn't going to let me fail. I'm just going to try my best and
that's all He asks.
Canada Day was my last day in my other area. It was so fun.
Our ward had a picnic. So there was good food and it was great seeing everyone.
But it was HARD to say goodbye to everyone. Tough tough TOUGH. I didn't
realized how I loved that place but I guess it's easy because I've been there
since Feb. But I know my former comp is going to do so great. She is awesome
and I feel like the last couple of weeks she has grown a lot.
Canada Day was fun. There was a huge block party by the
Harbor...but we obviously couldn't go. And we went to a members and they fed us
dinner.They were really nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment