Well I've almost been here for a whole week. Crazy! But even
though I'm still trying to get used to everything I'm LOVING it. Each day we
are doing better on the subways and bus systems. Sometimes it takes a while to
get everywhere but there are always plenty of people to talk to about the
gospel. It's funny though...some people on the bus really don't like us. (They
immediately turn to their phones, put earphones in, etc) But most people are
nice. Toronto is very very diverse.
I. Love. It.
My companion actually did go to BYU-H. We were going at the
same time last Fall...but I never saw her. She is awesome though. She always
wants to improve and become better and I love that.I just sometimes feel very
inadequate. I'm trying my best but I'm not perfect...especially in a new
city. But we are definitely growing together.
We met with a previous investigator who is awesome. Last
week we taught him the Word of Wisdom...in a coffee shop...while he was
drinking coffee...haha. Get this though. Before the lesson he said, "Well
everyone drinks coffee that's crazy!" And he didn't seem convinced. But
after the lesson he said that he'd get off coffee and switch to herbal tea.
!!!!! He came to church yesterday with us and he loved testimony meeting. He
said the Book of Mormon is great and that he had gone 2 days without coffee. He
is progressing and is looking to get baptized. So happy and excited for him! We
meet him tomorrow.
We also have been teaching a former investigator...the last
time the elders taught him was in May so it's been a while. We taught him Saturday
and yesterday and have been reviewing with him the first lesson. He seems open
and he really listens. We are excited to see what happens.
And that's not all. We are meeting with some new
investigators and old investigators this week. There is so much work to do
here. It's very exciting and busy and I love it! I hope that we can keep
working and finding people. It's really great.
My district is just English. But in our zone we have
Portuguese Elders, Spanish Hermanas, and Farsi Elders. So we pretty much have
it all here in Toronto. We are still teaching English and it is very fun.
Love you!
"Wherefore,
be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand
by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of
the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come." (D&C
68:6)
No comments:
Post a Comment