Last Sunday we received our transfer calls. I thought that I
was going to be leaving and my comp was
going to be staying here. We got the call and...she got transferred. I'm going
to miss her a lot! So the APs told me I was going to stay here and train a
sister who has been out for 6 weeks already. !!!! I was super shocked.
Beforehand I kept telling myself, "There's no way that I'm training let
alone be senior companion because I haven’t had enough experience." WRONG!
haha I remember at first I was shocked, excited, but then it hit me and I was
so nervous.
But man the Lord has given me SO much strength. The night of
the transfers it was kinda funny...I WANTED to cry but I don't think the Lord
would let me. I was so nervous. (I still am a little bit) My new companion is awesome.
It's weird because she is a year older than me and I'm training her. She also
plays rugby and she is super sweet and fun. I'm so excited to serve with her.
The day before transfers, I practiced driving because I'm
now the new designated driver. This is sooooo embarrassing. The first time I
got in the car I backed up and I wasn't watching the front...I scraped the
front of the car against a stone pillar. ......Yup.....luckily it didn't dent
the car but there's a scratch on it. ugh how embarrassing. But I'm still
driving and I haven't crashed or had another accident so that is good.
Transfer day was yesterday and what a day. Well my comp and
I tried to drive to where we were going to make the transfer. And because we
didn't have a GPS we got super lost! We went all the way to downtown Toronto.
But eventually we made it. There were a ton of missionaries...there are a lot
of changes in transfers. I said goodbye to my comp. It's pretty sad saying
goodbye. I miss her...she was such a good example to me and she was so loving.
But I picked up my new comp and away we went.
I was so so so so so so so so
nervous. I felt very very inadequate. I don't understand why the Lord thought I
was capable to train. But I have felt so.much.strength. I have seen so many
blessings. I have felt the spirit and I have already learned and have grown in
so many ways. I seriously feel a big difference from when I wasn't a
trainer/senior comp. I feel very very different. I know I have so many
weaknesses but I guess God knows that. It's cool because I know that whatever
happens, as long as I try my best God will take care of the rest. I'm so far
from perfect but as long as I have the spirit and be obedient everything will
work out.
It was a FULL day yesterday. But
there were a lot of miracles. We tracted in a neighborhood and we got yelled at
a lot. But there was one last door with a basketball hoop and I was like,
"let's do this house it has a basketball hoop so it should be a good
one." We did and we got a potential investigator out of it. We couldn't
teach him but he told us to come back on the weekends. We had a dinner appointment
in another city. On the way I decided to stop and visit some investigators we
haven’t seen for a long time. They weren't home. So then we decided to tract to
the house by them..no one was home. So we decided to leave. AS WE WERE LEAVING
THE PARKING LOT we saw our investigators pull in to the driveway. !!!!!!! We
got in and taught them about faith and read Alma 32 and committed them to read
the Book of Mormon. Thank goodness for the spirit! But they have
forgotten a lot so we are thinking we need to start and go back to square 1
with them. We are meeting with them Friday again! Woohoo! Then we went to our
dinner appointment and then came back to our town and talked to people on the
street for a bit. But guess who we walked into on our way home. Another
investigator! We talked to him but he's really really busy. But we're inviting
him to church so hopefully he comes. But seriously of all people we ran into him!
Then we called a potential investigator and we have an
appointment with him today. Wish us luck!
I'm HOPING we get a mission leader this Sunday. Oh I really
hope and pray that we can get one. Here's some words of wisdom: ward mission
leaders make a BIG difference.
No comments:
Post a Comment