Sunday, June 2, 2013

"I Will Try..."



Hope you had a great Memorial Day! We don't have Memorial Day here...but last week we did Victoria Day which is kinda the same thing I guess. Tuesday we are going to be helping a nonmember with her yardwork. So don't think I'm off the hook for working in the yard. :)
Well we have a new investigator. Remember the lesson I was going to teach when I wrote you last week? That was him! We walked into him and talked to him for like 15 min and he told us we could come back. So we came and taught him. It was quite a miracle. Because he is a single man we need members. We spent hours and hours asking EVERYONE to come and teach him with us. No one could because they were so busy. Our old mission leader and his wife said that they couldn't unless their tennis match got canceled. So...we got so desperate we ended up praying that it would rain so they could come with us. haha But it was 30 min before our appointment they called and for 2 min it had rained and because of that the match was cancelled. They were able to come!!!! It was pretty awesome. The lesson went well but he kept talking and talking so it was like an hour and a half! We met with him the second time yesterday and he had already read 50 pgs of the Book of Mormon. But he is a sweet man who lives alone. He always tells us to come back which is nice. I'll never forget what he told me after our first visit: "I let you come back because when you talked to me on the street, I saw an angel in front of me." 
Since then we have had trouble getting in our appointments with our investigators. Everyone here is so busy. But God will provide a way if it is His will. I know that anything is possible with the Lord and miracles happen. It will be interesting to see what happens.
Good news: no more fender benders! But I have to call the head of vehicles! :*( But I don't think it will be too big of a deal...hopefully. My new comp, is so funny. She is so energetic and positive and loving. She is willing to work and she doesn't get scared to go teaching or talking to people. She always has a smile on her face, even when appointments bomb. So I'm so lucky to be her companion. I def don't feel her trainer though! She is training ME! We both pretty much don't know what we are doing, but we are learning from trial and error. We have to really rely on the Lord.
Yes, I am getting to know the ward members better. I know most of them and they are all so super nice. Like I said before we get fed for dinner almost every night. The ward takes care of me so much.
Here's my fav quote right now:
" 'I cannot' never accomplished anything....'I will try' has wrought wonder!"

No comments:

Post a Comment