Thursday, March 28, 2013
The Difference btwn F and C, Taking Action, and "Ohhhh, so THAT'S what I'm supposed to be doing...."
To answer your questions:
Transfer day is on my birthday... and I find out if I transfer the day before. So happy birthday to me! haha But I'm a little nervous about transfers. But whatever happens I know God knows what’s best for the mission so I'll go wherever He needs me. I can't believe I'll be 20. AHHHH! I won't be a cool 19 yr old missionary anymore.
It hasn't been TOO cold. Like it will be cold one day and then nice and sunny the other. I'm not used to Celsius degrees though. What's the difference between F and C? But it hasn't been too bad. (knock on wood) It's actually been really sunny the past couple of days but someone said it might snow Wednesday. Can't wait for it to heat up. But it's like home right now...nothing colder or warmer.
And yup, we are the only two missionaries in this area right now. But like I said that may change...
Last week was a lot better. We went to a training and there were times where they were teaching us how to work with the ward and find new investigators and we were like "OOOOHHHHH....." So we learned a lot. We have done a lot of tracting and street contacting. I've been really really awkward at times. (You would laugh) But I think I'm slowly getting better...slowly. Our district went on a Book of Mormon challenge and we are all trying to hand out as many Book of Mormons as we can. Right now we are at 14. And we are trying to talk to the hospital, thrift store, and food bank to see if we can volunteer to help.
We had a miracle yesterday! So we pretty much had NO investigators...I was getting pretty discouraged. So we fasted and prayed and made a goal to get 3 new investigators. We taught the first lesson (my second attempt) to a gentleman and we gave him a Book of Mormon and he agreed to read it. Then later that night, we ate at a part member family's home. The dad is the only non member but he is very supportive and kind.
So those are good things but I definitely still feel I have SOOOO far to go to be the missionary I want to be. As you guys know I am not one to "lead the crowd" and I have had a hard time taking ACTION and ACTING instead of being ACTED UPON. I've been letting fear get the best of me. And sometimes I'll feel bad because we will be in lessons and I don't know what to say. And Satan has been trying to get me to feel like I will never receive inspiration from the Spirit. Darn it Satan! But you know, we all have weaknesses to work on and this mission has been very very humbling. But I know that I just need to keep going out of my comfort zone and GO and DO. Last week I talked to almost everyone I saw on the street, and it was scary for me. But the more I do it the more I can be more comfortable. And I just need to keep having patience, knowing that God is going to help. And I think I worry too much about myself. I need to focus on OTHERS...because that needs to be my primary focus.
Anyways, other things that I've done. I ate at Tim Horton's last week, which is kinda a fast food place but it's REAAAALLY GOOD. I don't think I can call it fast food but they have like 20 of them here on every corner. Like a Starbucks. But they sell donuts, hot chocolate, and sandwhiches and they are SOOO good. Like I said they have a zillion here in Canada and so everyone there was making fun of the American who didn't know what a Tim Hortons was. I also tried herbal tea for the first time...and it was nasty. haha
Well, I want to bear testimony that God does support his children in his trials. Read Alma chpt 36, it's been one of my favorite chapters lately. It's given me hope and help. Also Heb 11 obviously has given me the faith to carry on. God's work is going to go forth in His time and His own way. So it's going to be great! Sorry for my weaknesses guys, but I'm trying my best. One step at a time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like you are doing great.
ReplyDelete