Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Newsflash: Missionary Work is Difficult


Aerin loves that she can e-mail friends & family now, but still doesn't have very much time on the computer, and worries about the people she doesn't have time to write back right away. So if you e-mail her and don't get a response, don't take it personally

Something else you should know so her story makes a little more sense... from the time she was a child, Aerin has had sort of a phobia about people throwing up. Particularly the sound of it. So if someone starts gagging, or talks about throwing up, she books it out of the room as fast as she can go. 

Here is part of her recent e-mail:

…And when I read about BYU losing it made me hurt a little bit. haha. Yeah that's something I miss right now...March Madness. Who are you rooting for? Did you fill out a bracket?

Anyways, this week has been a trying week. But I know that it's making me stronger. Last week was just one of those weeks where every single appointment falls through. Our back ups to our back ups to our backups bombed. ...So it was kinda rough. We also tried tracting but we didn't have much luck either. But, hopefully this week will be better.

But because this last week has been hard, I've definitely felt the strength of the Lord. He's really been there for me. Last Thursday, my companion and I had this amazing study where we just wrote down all our weaknesses and tried really hard to just open up to each other. There were a lot of tears, but we both committed to be more obedient and work on these weaknesses that we had. There has been a big difference. We are using our time more effectively, we are getting more work done, and I feel like the Lord is helping us both overcome challenges. Ever since then our plans haven't been falling through as much so that's been great.

Haha okay you are going to laugh. So we were driving home from a member's house at night and my comp wasn't feeling good. She was driving, and then all of a sudden she's like "where's a bag?" I ran and got a bag and she threw up in the bag in the drivers seat. I felt SOOOOO bad. We were on the freeway of course. Then we got home and she went to the bathroom and then she started screaming. "SISTER OGDEN THERE's A SPIDER!!!! KILL IT!" You know me. I started screaming, she started screaming, and then she started gagging and I knew it was either I killed the spider or I saw her throw-up. So guess what? I killed the spider!!! Hooray! Oh man...good times! You should have seen us.  Yeah...but don't worry I didn't freak out TOO much. But I've warned her that I don't like people throwing up in front of me and everything and so whenever she feels like she is going to barf, she warns me "don't look!"

Anyways I gotta go but I love you so much. Miss you lots! But you know what, I've learned so much and I keep reminding myself that perfection doesn't come overnight. I'll hopefully improve little by little day by day. I just feel a little stuck in the mud now because we don't have any investigators to teach. I've only taught the first lesson once...and I don't even know if I can count that!  But God has a plan and He is going to help me!


No comments:

Post a Comment