7/21/14
Heeelllooooo from my new area! Man this week has been crazy but good. I don't even know where to start!
Well first of all...we are a few bus rides from my old area of last year. And they just changed it so we don't have any boundaries
really...except for our ward boundaries, whereas
before you had specific boundaries in the ward where you had to stay within.
So if we find time I can go to my old area and visit people. I
really like it because it's very similar to my earlier area...but most of the
time we are in a different part of the city so it's new at the same time. At
first I was pretty rusty at bus contacting...but I'm getting in the groove of
it again. Man it's crazy when you go from farmland to city Toronto
where there's a bizillion people everywhere. But I love it! It's really weird
to be in the same ward again. hahaha. Yesterday at church it was the best
because some members looked at me and said, "Do I know you?" And then
other members that I grew close to I got to see and that was super duper fun! I
feel like I just time warped back to a year ago. (But I don't mind :) )
My new companion is AMAAZING! This is her third transfer here in
the mission and she just finished training. She's 19 years old. She played soccer at a college and so we go running together
every morning and it's awesome! She is such a sweetheart and it's
pretty weird how similar we are....she reminds me of myself a lot. She's out here for the right reasons
I can tell you that. I just have to say this...but Morg....I know
you are going on a mission and all that...but I kinda wanna give her your
email. haha. :) Just to warn you!
So we are teaching a LOT
of people....It's super weird because a few weeks ago my comp and her
previous companion picked up (name)...THE SAME guy that I taught
when I was here before. It was fun to see him. But at the same time it was a
little hard actually because you can tell that he is going downhill...his voice
is more shaky and he's more weak than he was and it's only been a few months.
So that didn't make me happy. But he still wants to come to church and he
agreed to be baptized. So let's hope all goes well!
We are also teaching another investigator I taught. We are at a loss of how to help her...I really don't know what
to do. She's been taught everything. And she almost got baptized in April...but
then she due to a commandment issue she didn't do it. But she got SO CLOSE. So
now we are trying to get her another date. Wish us luck!
There's a family we are
working with as well. The mother got baptized several months ago and her daughter did as well. We are now working with her other children. The daughter has a date but she's not sure of it because she hasn't
received an answer yet that she should. But they go to church and are solid. We
are teaching them at a FHE tonight...I'm so excited to get to know them better
because I really don't know them very well.
There are so many good things happening, I don't know where to start. We've just
been super busy. We randomly invited someone on the street to come
to church...AND HE DID! (But we were running around so I'm not sure if he liked
it or not but he agreed next Sunday we could share more of our message with
him) We saw a lady whom we
taught and baptized last December and she's doing very very well! She goes to
sacrament meeting EVERY WEEK. But we went over and talked to her about baptisms for the dead and
she said that she'd like to go next time. :) YAY! The elders can't see her as
much because she's a single female so I think she appreciated the visit. It's
awesome to see those you know progress and do well! She's a cutie!
Unfortunately, (names) weren't there. But don't worry...we are going to make sure we get them back! They
all know I'm here so hopefully we can get good things to happen. Oh and since
the elders struggle with teaching females, we are going to be
visiting (names)!!!! So excited to see them again...(name) is awesome.
I forgot to mention we went on exchanges last Saturday. Yeah the Sister
Training Leaders called us and said that we're going on exchanges...and so we
were the first companionship to exchange with them. So I went on my last
exchange to Missisauga North. Because it was my last exchange I wanted it to be good. And
it was.
It was just really fun
to get to work with Sister (name) and learn from her. We saw some
miracles...we taught this man from Poland. He got in an accident
which took away his career, his health, everything. He told us he didn't know
if God loved him. And we testified that He did. I know that God loves him. I
could feel it. By the end...he mentioned that we had helped. It was a tender
experience that I'll always remember. That is something I love on my
mission....to feel love for people you don't even know. But you love them
anyways.
The STL and I
had cool experience because she's going home a transfer after me. We were able
to open up about how we felt about the whole thing. In the end...we were able
to give insights that the other needed. I felt like I needed to share a sacred
experience that I had had on my mission with her...at first I hesitated
because I haven't told many people about it but then eventually I told it to
her...Afterwards she thanked me for that and told me she needed to hear that.
Man...it was cool...so many miracles and experiences you treasure on your
mission. gotta love it! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment