3/2/14
Hiya family! Like always there's a lot to say so sorry if I
ramble. :)
Well....guess what happened
yesterday? (Names) WERE CONFIRMED! It was so great. I could go on and on about
them. First of all, Sister had been sick ALL last week. But we were
able to see her on Saturday and she was well enough to get confirmed. It was a
tender mercy.
She shared with us on Saturday how the Book of Mormon has been
helping her. She just finished first Nephi. :) And she told us how she was
having a really bad morning last week and her son knocked off the Book of Mormon
from the shelf and she decided to pick it up and read a highlighted verse. She told
us that that verse meant a lot to her at the time and she felt better and the
rest of the day went better after she had read the Book of Mormon. It's amazing
to think that at first we struggled getting her to read
the Book of Mormon...we first had to invite her to read just one verse every
day...but as soon as she did that she's been reading more and more. The Book of
Mormon is very very powerful. My mission has been teaching
me that. Our ward mission leader confirmed her yesterday...and it was really
meaningful because he is a convert and NEVER has confirmed anyone before. He
was super nervous but it all worked out and he did great :)
(Name) was also confirmed. He's
a good guy and it's been awesome to see how the ward has been reaching out to
him. He was confirmed by Brother (name)... and it was awesome because he did the
blessing part of the confirmation in Chinese. Although I couldn't understand
what was being said the spirit was super strong! :)
The work's going great here!
We're still trying to find the elect but God's put some really cool people in
our paths. First guess who called us on Friday? (NAME)!!!!!! And guess who we
are going to be teaching tonight? (Names)! We don't know what happened but they
wanted us to come back. We are sooooo excited! I had to do a happy dance in the
car when I heard what was happening. It was so hard to drop them and I'm so
excited to be picking them back up again.
Then last week we decided to
drop by a potential investigator’s. She lives at an apartment building where a
sister from the ward lives. We were just talking to her and helped her take out
her garbage. She was nice but we never could set up an appointment. So we
decided to go drop by her randomly. She let us in instantly and then she just
burst into tears and unloaded all these things that were going in her life. She
was questioning her faith and was just overwhelmed because she just has a lot
of things going on. We had to listen to the Spirit big time...and so we did
a lot of bearing testimony, listening, and we even pulled out some Mormon Messages
on her computer to invite the Spirit. By the end she was happier. I know
that God needed us there and it was really cool to help her. We were supposed
to see her yesterday but she cancelled so we will be seeing her on
Wednesday...and we are going to be teaching her the Plan of Salvation. I'm
stoked!
Then there was one more guy that
was really cool. We were running to an appointment...but there was a guy
sitting in front of a store...I was so close to not talking to him because we
were late but we decided to stop and do it anyways. Turns out that he just
BARELY turned his life around and BARELY started to believe in Christ/God. We
had a good talk and scheduled an appointment and said a prayer on the street
with him. After the prayer...he stopped and said..."You know...as you were
praying I was reminded a few weeks ago I was praying to find some real
Christians and a Christian church to go to. I think God just answered my
prayer!" We were so excited! He was solid! ......But then....he bombed his
appointment and we haven't gotten ahold of him since. AH! We keep meeting all
these solid people and then we can never meet with them it's frustrating
sometimes! Well...God's timing is perfect I guess we won't give up!
(Name) is doing okay..still
some drama here and there. He's just had a hard life so it's a roller coaster
ride....Man....but he's in the right place doing the right things most of the
time so I think God's watching out for him. I feel peace that although
sometimes things get really stressful with him...it'll work out. I don't know
how but it will...
It was a good week last week!
(Not as stressful as the one before) But that's missionary work for you...you
have good weeks and not so good weeks. Good times and bad times. :) It makes me
really appreciate the good moments! But I loved it because it was....ZONE
CONFERENCE! Oh man I love zone conference so much. I could go on and on for
like five pages but I won't. So for zone conference we went to London .....Ontario . haha. (Don't worry
I've confused the two before) It was pretty awesome. We talked about the restoration
and the apostasy. And it was really neat to see President Scott bear testimony
about the Restoration...super super powerful.
I just love the missionaries here! I was able to see some good old missionary pals...Get this: my trainee was there, her trainee was there, AND my old comp was there...so 3/5 of my companions were there. I was pretty happy! There's such a spirit when you gather together in the same room with a big group of missionaries. I have really grown to not only love the people I serve, but the people I serve WITH. There are some elect people serving here alongside me in this mission. They have taught me SO much!
But to be honest I had a
pretty....emotional? sad? bitter-sweet feeling. There were a lot of departing
missionaries that gave their last testimony during the zone conference. And
there were a lot that I knew whom I had served with. It's really
sad to think about how people are leaving.... people who have taught me SO much
and have helped me out....Why is everyone leaving? And it just hit me pretty
hard that in a few months I'd be doing the same....I'm just not ready for that
yet. I feel like I have SO much more to learn and SO much more to do here!
But...life goes on. I just have to be grateful for EVERY MINUTE that I have to
be here. I can't take the time I have here for granted!
I just love the missionaries here! I was able to see some good old missionary pals...Get this: my trainee was there, her trainee was there, AND my old comp was there...so 3/5 of my companions were there. I was pretty happy! There's such a spirit when you gather together in the same room with a big group of missionaries. I have really grown to not only love the people I serve, but the people I serve WITH. There are some elect people serving here alongside me in this mission. They have taught me SO much!
![]() |
District Meeting |
![]() |
| Eating out! |
![]() |
Sister Selfie |
![]() |
Catching Up with Sis W! |
Well I love you family! Thanks
for supporting me out here in Canada ....it's
been the best thing ever!






No comments:
Post a Comment