Saturday, February 8, 2014

He will make the difference.

Another transfer has come and gone...and I'M STILL HERE IN (city) WITH MY SAME COMP! I'm so stoked! I just feel like this transfer is going to rock! 

Well anyways this transfer ended with a BLAST. 

First of all, if I can sum up the past few days with one word...SNOW. Saturday we woke up to like a foot of snow! Everyone was shoveling and getting stuck and everything. So we just started trudging along the neighborhoods asking people if we could shovel their driveway for them. It actually was really fun because we got into some awesome conversations. A few old men we asked got really touched and teary. They were so grateful for our offer and I feel like their hearts will soften the next time we come around or missionaries meet them. So I've been practicing my shoveling! I've gotten pretty rusty since Hawaii and our snow blower...but it's been fun. And the snow actually helps it not be -40 degrees C...so for once I thought it was nice. 

But of course I have to put in my comment how I just hate driving on the snowy roads! SERIOUSLY! We had to teach though...so I did it. I guess I'm learning how to drive in poor weather. It's been okay. I just am slow and extra careful. (Everyone must think I'm a granny) But this isn't a HUGE city so it makes me feel better that there aren't as many cars out as let's say Toronto. But I'm getting less and less scared about snow driving. Obviously I'd rather not but if Satan thinks a little snow is gonna stop this missionary HE IS DEAD WRONG!!!! 

Okay but our investigators are doing amazing! I love them! We taught the Law of Chastity to them last week. (Since they are living together) It actually went alright. But after the lesson they said that they would try to get married as soon as possible. Yay!. She's been reading the Book of Mormon and that's been awesome. And...THEY CAME TO CHURCH FOR THE FIRST TIME YESTERDAY! It was really good.

We've been teaching another part member family. The woman is amazing. Mom...here there are two people I want you to meet because I know you would love them. First is the ward mission leader's wife, and then there is (name).  She is so amazing. She loves to help others...and she really practically is a Mormon but she's not baptized. They feed us every week and are so kind to us. She wants us to teach the lessons to her...but I think she's just hesitant about the baptism thing. I believe she feels the spirit in her life but she doesn't know it yet. So we are going to continue to work with her and see what we can do. She will take time but she's a sweetheart. And a good person at that! 

Other adventures/things...Our recent convert is doing soooo good! He went home teaching last week which was awesome!  

I am so excited to be here another six weeks at least! There is so much potential here...this is a place where people NEED the gospel. And I know that since this is God's work. He is going to help us do His work and help His children. 

It was so funny I read Moroni 10: 31-32 last week and I just realized it's the new theme for the youth this year. I read that scripture and I just felt so much love for our Savior Jesus Christ. Sometimes, I get all wound up because I want to be this perfect missionary who helps everyone and baptizes the entire city! But then I realize how many weaknesses I have and how far I have to go to be where I wanna be...and it freaks me out because February is coming around the corner and I DON'T want it to...time is flashing by too fast and I feel like I need more time....

But these scriptures mean so much because Christ understands our imperfections. He is the one who will perfect us; we won't perfect ourselves. I'm so grateful that He is there for us. If we love Him with all we have....we can be pure as He is...we can become "clean without spot". This scripture helps me understand that He loves me and wants to help me. And although I have so many weaknesses... HE will make up the difference. HE will help this work grow and prosper in the area. I will not hold back the work because of my weaknesses because He will step in and help. I'm SO grateful for that. I don't know how to put it in words! 


Well I love you all! Hope it's warmer down there than it is here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment