Monday, August 26, 2013

The Toronto World Mission



So...first of all last Friday we get a call from our dear zone leaders. They said, "hey can we drop another bed by tonight?" We used to have three beds...now there are four. So last night we were waiting and waiting to hear what was going on. But nada. So we are still waiting. The rumor is our area is being split up. But that's about everything that we've heard. I'm wondering if some more sisters are coming. I'd be super excited but super nervous because our apartment is kind of a wreck right now. Oh but anyways yes, I am staying in Toronto with my comp. Super excited! :) I hope that now that we've been here for six weeks we can REALLY start getting the ball rolling.
To answer your questions:
We go jogging in the mornings. We just go into some neighborhoods usually...and the best part of the workout is the last part...running up all 15 flights of stairs to go to our apartment. haha. I love running but it's definitely a lot different than running by the lake. 

Do i feel safe? Don't worry mom! Toronto is one of the safest cities. I don't know there are times where there are some interesting people...but I've never felt seriously in danger. Obviously there are some places where we don't go after dark but that's usual.
(name) is doing very well. We've been reading the BOM with him every night. He's been doing it. So now we are going to make a plan of action and really really really focus on helping him get rid of those few last cigarettes. He is so close! He came to church yesterday and he seemed to really enjoy it. It was awesome! There were talks on baptism, how reading the scriptures help us overcome temptation, and faith. I hope he was able to understand it. After sacrament meeting though he turned to me and said, "When can you come see me? Yeah...I just need to really quit smoking." .
(Name) got busy last week. We are seeing her Thursday. Same with another investigator. Busy. It's hard because a lot of people here work and are super super busy. But yeah...learning patience.
WE GOT NEW INVESTIGATORS! We taught a young man yesterday at the church. Because it was transfer calls and everything was pretty crazy and it was a last min appointment, I was pretty stressed. He turned out to be a cool guy. We taught him the Restoration with a recent convert and it was powerful. It was a testimony to me that the Lord helps soooooooooo much. I can't stress how much he helps us. I'm so grateful for His help. We showed him around the church as we taught the first discussion. My favorite part was when we showed him a picture of Joseph Smith's First Vision and my comp told him Joseph's experience. It was hard for him to grasp everything we were saying but I know he felt the spirit. It was awesome! He agreed to meet with us again so we will see what happens.
So...we went to the CN Tower last P-day. It was awesome! I've decided I get a little nervous at heights. But it was awesome! You could see the entire city and the lake and even our apartment building. It's SWEET! We went with the Hermanas and we had a great time...



I just want to end with how happy I am to be here. I know I told you when you asked me where I wanted to go on my mission I replied that it doesn't matter at all. I swear this city is all the missions combined. It is so neat to bear testimony to people from the Philippines, Iran, Brazil, Portugal, Morocco, Japan, Korea, China, Israel, Greece, Syria, Italy, Germany, the Caribbean, etc. It's awesome to say, "Soy una misionera de la iglesia de jesucristo de los santos de los ultimas dias." to all the people that say, "no speak english...speak spanish." It's awesome to read with our Italian BOM. I JUST LOVE PEOPLE. What an amazing experience this is to witness people from all over the world making choices to repent and come closer to Christ. It's so awesome.
Sister Ogden

No comments:

Post a Comment